Friday, August 20, 2010

The iPad and Kids with Autism

Earlier this summer, while flying out east to attend my nephew’s high school graduation, I sat next to a college student who was using his iPad.  I hadn’t yet seen one up close at the time so it caught my attention.  The young man enthusiastically gave me a long demonstration of its capabilities.

I was blown away. 

My expectations were that an iPad would be fun and nice to have, but not anything more than that.  What I saw was that it had the potential to be so much more than just a fun toy.

Now, SF Weekly has come out with an interesting article on how iPads could help kids with autism.  The article profiles one particular family, but also gives information on various apps that have been developed that benefit kids with autism. 

Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...