Friday, March 11, 2011

Relief, Sadness, Perspective

We just heard from my wife’s parents who live in Japan. They are okay, though perhaps still a bit unsettled from having experienced the most severe earthquake of their lives. But, they are okay enough to tell us not to worry about them.

It’s a relief for us; though we remain sad knowing that many others will not receive good news.

When tragedy of this magnitude hits, it puts perspective on the problems of our day-to-day lives. Oh sure, there are definitely big problems that we all deal with, but perhaps we needn’t get so stressed out over all of the little ones, too.

This weekend, I’m going to appreciate all of the many wonderful things I am blessed with in my life, and especially enjoy my time with my family. .

Our hearts are with all of the victims and their loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...