Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Sweet Day

My sister and brother-in-law visited this weekend. Which came in handy as we needed the extra help with walking the dogs we had.


Later, we all went to the Long Grove Chocolate Festival where Kai enjoyed a few different types of chocolate. Here he's having chocolate-covered marshmallows.


When Kai was little, he loved bubbles. It's been a while since he played with them, but this bubble maker at the festival got his attention.


And he had fun chasing and popping some bubbles.


Later, back at the house, we all celebrated my dad's birthday. His actual birthday won't be until later this month, but since he's always saying how he's almost 100 years old and that milestone is still a decade away, I don't think he minded an early celebration of his 90th birthday.


And there's nothing like having some of the ice cream birthday cake that capped a sweet day for Kai.


4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! And happy birthday to your dad...wow..90!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love the small festivals. I used to love the ones in Japan when I was young. I am sure Kai had a great time.

    I hope your father enjoyed his birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice little festival, though there were more tents of people selling new windows than there were of people selling chocolate.

      My father enjoyed the ice cream part of the cake the most.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...