Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Song in My Head

Do you know how when you hear a song you sometimes associate it with something completely unrelated to what the song is about? That’s what I’ve been doing lately.

When we were in New Mexico last week, in addition to letting our son watch movies on the portable dvd player, he also listened to tons of music on our rental car’s cd player. Most of the songs were about the alphabet.

Now, I keep hearing them in my head and I think of the Sandia Mountains. That’s not a bad thing because I’m having trouble accepting the notion that our vacation is over and we are back here in the dreary Midwest.

One of my favorite “New Mexico songs” is by They Might Be Giants, a band that has done songs for both children and grownups. Just close your eyes and give it a listen. Can you see the sunshine and mountains?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...