Friday, May 20, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

My son was having trouble falling asleep the other night. He wanted Mom to lay down in the bed with him. She told him that she would sit next to him for a few minutes, but would not lie down.

He was not satisfied with that.

He said, “I’m going to be your father. Then you will have to do what I say.”

My wife smiled and responded that she already has a father. He didn’t say anything to that and eventually fell asleep.

Kai says the funniest things sometimes when he is mad. But, I don’t know where he got the idea that the child always does what the father says. It sure doesn’t seem to work that way very often at our house.

2 comments:

  1. That was cute. My son used to say the same thing...only he applied it to other children (as said to us...not to them)...he said he wanted to be a teacher...then the other children would have to listen to him.

    My son doesn't realize that many a teacher has the same problem...social status doesn't necessarily ensure compliance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He got it from you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...