Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dad’s Birthday

My son loves birthdays. His own, of course, but others’ too.

For the past few days, he had been very excited about my upcoming birthday. I think the thought of having birthday cake provided the most anticipation.

Yesterday, my wife and I had a meeting at his school. Every staff member who saw us in the hallway wished me a happy birthday. Kai had apparently told all that it was my birthday.

After school, he came home and wanted to get right to decorating my birthday cake.



And that night, we had my birthday celebration. He gave me a sweatshirt on which he had drawn some of the Scrambled States of America wishing me a happy birthday.


My wife made us a great dinner.

And then Kai helped me blow out the candles on the cake.


Finally it was time to eat the cake, and that was the highlight of Kai’s day.


It was yummy cake for sure.

But the highlight of my day was feeling the love from my family. It was a happy birthday indeed.

6 comments:

  1. Well, happy birthday to you! I love that exact kind of celebration, right down to the chocolate cake! :) Love the 'blowing out the candles' picture...that's always my favorite part. :)

    Let's see....29th? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betsy!

      Yes! how did you know? ;)

      Delete
  2. That shirt is a far better present than any bought one. Those are the sincere presents that are remembered forever. As soon as I saw that...I knew you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shirt! Kai and my wife put a lot of thought into it.

      Delete
  3. Sublime
    what a fabulous kid !!!
    and a VERY VERY happy birthday
    How adorable that he told everyone at school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, K. Yes, it was fun to see that he must have been really excited about it to have talked about it to everyone at school.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...