Thursday, October 27, 2011

Book Review and Kind Thoughts

My blogging compadre, Shiroi Tora, has written a wonderful review of Wit and Wisdom from the Parents of Special Needs Kids, the book in which my original essay appears. His comments about the book are spot on, and his remarks about me are extremely generous. I am humbled by his comments, and thank him for taking the time to read the book and write about it.

Just as he mentions that the book is like having a “heart to heart… soul to soul” with each parent, so, too is his own blog, 2E Child (Twice Exceptional – Autistic / Profoundly Gifted).

He writes about his soon-to-be 11-year-old son Alex, and the path to enrichment and excellence that he and his wife are traveling with him. Alex is an amazing boy, and his accomplishments provide hope that my son can find fulfillment in life as well.

But, even more than reading the inspiring achievements of Alex, what draws me to his blog is the almost Zen-like way that Shiroi Tora imparts his knowledge and experience. His blog is my daily dose of wisdom, a reminder to think about what is right and what is wrong, and to persevere no matter what.

When I first started blogging, it was primarily as a cathartic vehicle for putting my own thoughts down. Finding inspiration and friendship from other bloggers has been an unexpected, and far greater reward.

2 comments:

  1. It is now, I, who is humbled. Thank you.

    I, too, find my blog writing cathartic. It is also a way for me to pay back all those who had helped us so very much. To those who had, unselfishly shared their knowledge, and who, most of all, had helped our son. They had helped us move forward from very scared new parents of an Autistic child...to giving us the basic concepts of parenting.

    As we had greatly benefited from 35-40 hrs. in home ABA for years...a service that is all but gone now in our fiscally strained state...I knew I had to help all others who would not be able to benefit as we had. It is also a guide to parenting for my son when he decides to have a family of his own one day.

    Again, I thank you...and keep on blogging. I am one of your faithful readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, hope that my blogging can benefit others - either other parents in similar situations, or friends or relatives who want to understand autism better. The feedback I receive from readers like you helps to keep me going. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...