Friday, March 23, 2012

On the Floor!?!

It has generally been a good week for our son at school. He has been safe most days. I’d say that three of the four days so far have been pretty good.

But then there’s the one not-so-good day.

The whole day was not bad. It was just one thing that sent things hurling down the wrong path.

My son’s class was watching a video. And he had to go to the bathroom.

At home, he is used to our pausing the movie when he needs to go. But I certainly understand that they can’t do the same at school. A whole class can’t be put on hold just for one child.

But my son doesn’t understand.

And he doesn’t like it.

And when he doesn’t like something, he gets angry.

And when he gets angry, he does things he really shouldn’t.

Like, in this case, pee on the bathroom floor instead of in the toilet.

Sigh.

How does he even get an idea to do something like that?

He has done the same thing at home a few times. And when we find out, we make him clean it up and he loses privileges.

The first couple of times he did it, I got really mad. But I wondered later whether all that did was show him that this was a good way to get Dad to feel as angry as he was.

So, since then, I’ve tried to stay calm, while having him clean up his mess.

It’s still frustrating though. And I wish I knew what to do about it.

Maybe the school will have an idea.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could give you some advice on this one. I simply cannot. I hope things work themselves out. I would be interested to know how you ultimately deal with this type of situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has not done this too often so hopefully he won't do it again. I'll let you know how we deal with it if it happens more often.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is interesting. It reminds me of the time he made a mess in the bathroom at the gym. He's picked his spot and choice of retaliation, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, though at the gym, he was upset because of the smelly bathroom so the action made some sense in a way. But at home, he just chooses to do that even when his anger has nothing to do with the bathroom. Yes, he's chosen his spot! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...